March 17 , 2024

Monday was a gorgeous day, the sun was shining, there was no wind and it got to +6, it’s amazing how much snow melted in just one day. I was all by my lonesome today and got the chores done, the horses are looking really good and healthy. We have almost finished out first full tote of grain and are ready to start the next one. I also had two job interviews today that went really well, but we’ll see if they go anywhere. I’m having some problems with my truck so I did some troubleshooting on it with a friend and haven’t had much luck yet. This evening was pool league night so it was “date night” lol Then back home to do some catchup on computer stuffs. Our event tickets for April 13th are selling like crazy, I wouldn’t be surprised if we are sold out before April.

Tuesday was another gorgeous day at the ranch, not quite as warm as yesterday, but still beautiful. Karen was out and took care of all the chores today, Jake came out after school and worked on some training for the horses. He discovered that despite what we were told, Apollo is not even remotely broke, he is going to continue to work with him. I was pretty under the weather today so I spent the majority of the day in bed, but I was able to send out many email requests for silent auction prizes for our event on the 13th, we have less than 50 tickets left for the event and we are just over a month away. It’s going to be a sell out and that’s amazing! In other news, I got a job offer today, finally! So it looks like I will be going back to work soon as well.

blankWednesday was another sick day for me, Tracey was here taking care of business. It was another day outside as well but not sunny like it has been for the past few days. I worked on some updates on horse pages on the website and scheduled our social media posts out to the end of April, so that’s awesome. Got to get all my ducks in a row before I head back to work. I don’t have a start date yet but should have one soon. The horses are doing really good, a lot better than I expected. Super excited to have a clean bill of health and be able to open our doors again.

Thursday I got up and went out to do chores, I was just about done and noticed Jenny’s blanket was hanging off her. I went to try to get it off her and she decided to go the other direction. I got my foot caught in the decorative trim and she drug me about 10 feet, with one leg in front and one leg behind OOCHIE!!!!  I had to give Jake a call to come in and wait for the hay guy to come and help him put the hay bales out. Once again it was Jake to the rescue, I was in bed the rest of the day feeling sorry for myself.

blankFriday was another beautfiul day ar the ranch and thank goodness Karen was here to take care of business. I am pretty sore today and still have the head cold so I am not sure what is from yesterday’s incident and what is from the cold. Karen got everything done without me and I stayed in bed most of the day. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Saturday was a great day at the ranch. It was pretty windy but not too cold. Tracey and Jake were out to do chores and they found …. About 8 months ago we rescued a few cats that have been living in our makeshift barn. One of them went missing not long after she arrived here. Miraculously she showed up again 6 months later. She looked like she had been through it! She was very thin and her coat was matted and messed up. With her was a small orange and white cat. This cat was not friendly at all, slowly some of the volunteers were able to pet her as long as they had treats in hand. We noticed her gaining weight and wondered if it was more than just having food all the time. Well today we found her with 5 newborn babies. We have them all inside a warm room and will help her care for them for the next 6-8 weeks. Mom will be fixed and stay here and the kittens will be available for adoption. Mom and babies appear to be doing well.

blankSunday was a cool one at the ranch, pretty windy and cold outside. Karen was out to take care of chores and check out the kittens. I am very grateful for our amazing volunteers this week. I have a cold/flu plus my accident from Tuesday has really put me out this week, it would have have been a really tough week without their help. Hoping for a way better week next week.