The Barefoot Ranch Horse Rescue & Sanctuary provides unwanted horses with improved lives. We are committed to rescuing horses from neglect, abuse, abandonment, and slaughter. We provide all equine with a safe haven, where they are given what is needed for healing and rehabilitation. Giving them their best lives is our passion and we are committed to this mission. We work with equine partners to inspire and educate, inspire, and improve the lives of members of our community.
To meet the growing need for rescue and sanctuary services in Manitoba, To develop educational and equine-assisted learning programs, which partner rehabilitated equines with members of our community.
- HELP equine that come from unfortunate circumstances live their best lives through rescue, rehabilitation, re-training, and re-homing.
- RESTORE respectful horsemanship, humane treatment, and equine heritage.
- EDUCATE community members about equine, rescue, horsemanship, and the proper care and treatment of equine.
- GIVE all equine the best quality care while they are here.
- EMPOWER our volunteers by training them and educating them about equine psychology, behavior, and proper handling.
- FOLLOW naturopathic practitioners because we believe it is the best way to become a better ally and establish trust and respect in a way that equine understand.
- MENTOR community members through the world of equine.
- ENRICH the lives of community members through our educational programs about the equine industry, its history, and the agricultural aspect of caring for equine.
The Barefoot Ranch Horse Rescue & Sanctuary does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion or religious creed, disability or handicap, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable local, provincial or federal law.